Saturday 8 November 2008

The Sun will come out...today!









Finally, we can let loose with the colours. Time to be a little brave. I have paused here because I thought that you would all be surprised to see just how much yellow is underlying the picture.

On first glance one would think orange but it actually is this bright and I am going to layer the orange and the green subtle shading over the yellow to mould the contours of the face and the clothes.


There are also little flashes of all of the main colours in each of the shadows. It all helps to create a unified finished picture. The pencil I have used here is prismacolour Sunburst Yellow.

I think " Gloria" is finally starting to have a little life about her!

Now onwards and upwards with the orange and green.

1 comment:

Karen said...

The yellow is bright, I wouldn't have expected it. It's interesting to know that you add the colours to the shadows too.